The third annual LME Metals Seminar Asia was held on 20 May 2015 at the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre as part of LME Week Asia.
2015 was another great year with over 750 attendees representing global industry and media companies.
The seminar saw a packed agenda and an exciting day with a wide range of speeches, panel discussions and networking opportunities.
- Opening speech from John Tsang, the Financial Secretary of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- HKEx CEO Charles Li welcome address; stressing Hong Kong’s potential as a commodities hub in Asia, focusing on China’s needs to internationalise and gain more pricing power
- LME CEO Garry Jones keynote; announcing the extension of LMEsword to offer a warrant-repository for non-LME metal
- 2015: Bull or Bear Panel, “How can we weather the current commodity market?”
- Commodity Market Fundamentals
- The Great Metals Debate on "Only physical delivered/settled contracts serve commodity players' needs" by market investors and exchange executives
- "New Normal" Panel: The commodity market trends in China
See the full 2015 programme here
Watch the key 2015 speeches at the metals seminar and other highlights from LME Week Asia here
Industry leaders and key market players from the metals and financial communities come to LME Week Asia to share their insights and views on the future of the Asian commodities industry; in particular to discuss investment opportunities and hear about the latest strategic plans at the LME and HKEx.